I love to fiddle around with a lot of different artistic ventures so I decided that I would blog about my different projects that I have and will do. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing some of the fun things that I have worked on.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Picture Collage

I love having pictures all around my home, and what better way to do that is in some great frames. And even better in a cute and creative collage. I saw this in a store and decided I could do it myself. I did a couple for each room in our home.

Back to my local craft store, good will and yard sales to find frames I liked and which would work well together.

The key to this is looking at the potential of the item not its face value. Because most times you have to refinish things to look like You want them to.

I found my frames and knew what pics I was going to put in each, I refinished most of them. By using a little sand paper to give the frames grit then repainting and roughing them up to look antique. I did use a watered down paint called a wash, to add more of an old world look to some of them. I then took the frames and stacked them on each other and used a small finishing nail to attach them to each other, added wall hangers on back and Walla! So cute. I love them.




















No comments:

Post a Comment