I love to fiddle around with a lot of different artistic ventures so I decided that I would blog about my different projects that I have and will do. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing some of the fun things that I have worked on.

Friday, August 12, 2011

A few old projects

I wanted to share a few old projects that I have done. Love them and they are super easy. Maybe they will get your creative juices flowing and make some your self.

The first project were these totally cute letter blocks. They are made with lengths of 2 by 4. Cut into varying sizes. You can do them all the same size or different sizes. It is all up to you. A little bit of thick wire and some paint.

For mine, I sanded down the edges, painted them with a brown wash and made the word Faith. The letters are a little time consuming, but worth it. Bend your wire into the letters you want, leaving a small amount at the ends for fastening. To fasten them to the block use a drill and make a small whole at the bottom of the block where you want the bottom of the letter to start and insert the end of the letter in the whole and give it a little tap with a hammer to secure. Do the same with any other loose ends.




Second project I an again using pieces of cut up 2x4 but this time I sanded and painted to a color of green that I liked. I had to do a little mixing. Then painted the blocks and let dry. After they were dry I used a little wood glue and hot glue to glue them into place and clamped together to allow to dry over night. Then using Holley berry sprays from the craft store I decorated my tree. And also painted a little wood star and curled a small piece of wire and places it on top.




Third project was this great phrase tile. Very popular these days. I used an extra tile from a home improvement job. But you can sometimes buy tiles singly at you home improvement store that were leftovers from jobs. or buy a couple and make a few for gifts. A vinyl phrase that you can either make yourself if you are fortunate enough to have a cricut but like many of us, I got it at my local craft store. Make sure you tile is clean and dry. then adhere your lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment