I love to fiddle around with a lot of different artistic ventures so I decided that I would blog about my different projects that I have and will do. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing some of the fun things that I have worked on.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love is in the Air

Had a great day with my girlfriends and family doing some fun Valentines decorations and gifts for our loved ones.
We started by making the XOXO sign. We used red and white glitter for two of the letters decoupaged one and painted one. I found the little hearts from Joannes. They were ornaments that I pulled out the eye pin and ribbon and used curled wire to stick into the letters. So fun and cute.


Then We worked on our fabulous "Be My Valentine" Blocks. I saw this idea from pinterest It was a little different. on the site they used the narrow side of the 2x4 and by a happy accident on my part the vinyl letters were too big for the small side so we used the face of the block. In my opinion it look much better this way, and it makes it more individual. The paper was decoupaged on after we painted a wash on the blocks.



The next project was the "52 Reasons" deck of cards. also an idea taken from pinterest . Some of did these for our Hubbies. For me it was a true Labor of love, with lots of time and thought to come up with 52 reasons that were very personal and genuine.

Another project we did was a Vinyl picture frame. Very straight forward. We used a 12x12 picture frame and used craft paper for a back drop and place vinyl in the glass of the picture frame. Simple but cute! I do think however I will change the background to a less busy one.

As well as Paper roses. I had some great paper that was black and white and wanted to tint them red and pink so I used a shimmer mist to get the desired color. I cut out circles from the paper then ripped it in a spiral and rolled it up to make the roses. These are a fun box filler or you can do like I do and filled one of my apothecary jars with them.

1 comment: