I love to fiddle around with a lot of different artistic ventures so I decided that I would blog about my different projects that I have and will do. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing some of the fun things that I have worked on.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Menu Makings

So I decided I wanted a better way of displaying my weeks menu other then using a sticky note on the refrigerator.

I went to my local craft store and bought a square unfinished frame, a chalk board which fit inside the frame and the vinyl lettering.


I started by painting the frame. And if you know me or have seen my kitchen you probably can guess what color I painted it, Thats right, Red. After the base coat was dry I went over it with a watered down black and brown mixed together, to give it an antique look. After all the painting was finished I sanded down the edges for more antiquing.

Next I placed the vinyl lettering on the chalk board and glued the calk board in the frame. Added a wall hanger on the back and walla!!!

1 comment: