I love to fiddle around with a lot of different artistic ventures so I decided that I would blog about my different projects that I have and will do. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing some of the fun things that I have worked on.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scraps Of Life



I don't know 'bout you but I know we all have scraps laying about. Hate to throw that small bit of something out 'cause I MIGHT need it someday...

My mom has decided to make a quilt for each of her grandchildren. Now you have to know mom to know this is quite a project to take on.

Her art is not perfectly symmetrical or ordered. She is a fast paced artist and grows bored with projects which might take more than a day or so. Even so her work is nationally known.

My art is more ordered. More patient. For mom and I to get together and do a project could be considered an act of God. Impatience on her part and patience on my end. But we seem to be able to get-er-done eventually.

Her very first quilt was learned at the knee of a master quilter. He newest granddaughter Phoenix's colorful crib quilt has all the markings of my artist sister Summer's personality. Bright, Hot and fun. This little surprise was born on Friday the 13Th.. Her parents were married on Friday the 13Th. This might give you a small clue as to our families diverse personalities.



Her next quilt is for our son Texas. As we cut the colored squares he grew more and more agitated. We were "cutting" up his blanket. Then as we started to sew the blocks together he wanted to sleep with it.

As we completed the piecing together of Texas' quilt top his eyes just lit up. Now we can't get it away from him to finish.





Lizzie's is next. Hot pinks, greens and floral. Ballerina style. That's our Lizzie Bean.

Mom is hoping these quilts created for each grandchild will become cherished. That they will grow up with them and take them with as they leave the nest and start making nests of their own.

Something special from Nana. A memory for our children and of our mom. I was glad to get to create this with mom.

1 comment:

  1. love the quilt! I can't wait to see what little {e} picks out...

    ReplyDelete