I love to fiddle around with a lot of different artistic ventures so I decided that I would blog about my different projects that I have and will do. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing some of the fun things that I have worked on.

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Tasty Treat.

I was asked by my sister-in-law to create a cake for their mom's 60th birthday anniversary.

I fiddled with a few different ideas and finally settled on my favorite.

I am very proud of this Tasty Treat.

The Vanilla pound cake is filled with a french vanilla marshmallow filling with Fresh Strawberries, and a ganache Frosting.. I used Scrabble tiles for the boarders, (His mom loved Scrabble and was very good at it.) using a small spatula I swirled the ganache to look like roses and stripes.

This project was a lot of fun and it tasted as amazing as it looked.

P.S. Don't leave your cake unattended. I slipped from the room for just an instant and while gone my three year old ate the entire top layer of frosting. Hmmmm....Chocolate overdose anyone?



1 comment:

  1. How much fun. Your special occasion ideas are great. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could have a piece. I bet it was even yummyier than it looks.

    ReplyDelete