I love to fiddle around with a lot of different artistic ventures so I decided that I would blog about my different projects that I have and will do. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing some of the fun things that I have worked on.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Lindsay

I was given the opportunity to make a cake for my sweet niece Lindsay. She requested that her party be in blue and butterflies so I complied. How could I say no to a beautiful girl like this.


The cake is a blue swirl confetti cake with chocolate buttercream filling. I started by making a 2 layer sheet cake and carving it out to make the flower. The butterfly is made from a six inch round 3 layer cake and cut in half and the halves turned around to make the wings. I then carved out the shape and used the scrapes the make the butterflies body.


I finished the cakes with some contrasting colors to help it to pop. There are no fancy techniques here just frosting swirled on with a knife. I did use a grass tip for the center of the flower and painted orange food coloring on the piping bag to get the orange highlight on the yellow center.



Happy Happy 15th Birth Day Lindsay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment